Tuesday 3 July 2012

Elderflower champagne

I love elderflower cordial. My grandmother's old house had a really big old elder growing against one wall and we always used to collect the flowers to make our own. I miss those times, and since the elders are in bloom around my house at the moment I figured I'd do something with them.


Cordial is nice, but lovely blogger Miss P wrote the other day about her recipe for elderflower champagne and I just had to try it. I went out and bought the things I would need and collected some flowers today. It will be quite some time before I get to know if this was a good idea or not, but it sounded too god not to try!


I really love using the things that grow all around us. Later this year I'll make something out of the plums that grow around the house (not in my garden, unfortunately I'm not blessed with one of those yet) and maybe I'll try to make a Swedish delicacy, rose hip soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment