Wednesday 4 July 2012

Student living

This is my kitchen. When I moved in here it was one of the things I felt most apprehensive about, I love both cooking and baking and I really wasn't sure I would be able to do a lot of anything with this little stove. I have to say though, it works surprisingly well!

When the oven's on, the larger hotplate ceases to function, and my landlord seems to think this is okay so it's something I will have to live with. Apart from that, it's actually fairly reliable. When I cook food in the oven, I can usually trust the cooking times given in my recipes. Cakes are a little bit trickier, but I'm mostly able to wing it. Today I'm trying out a new recipe for cinnamon rolls from a lovely bread book my mother gave to me, called How to Make Bread. I've only tried one other recipe from the book so far, but the result was absolutely divine so I have high expectations for this!


No comments:

Post a Comment