Friday 19 October 2012

Next project

My fingers are itching. I have a really long list of things I want to make, and I thought that I'd present the three things that are most relevant at the moment.


First of all, Vogue's V8615. I've had this pattern for ages, but I haven't been able to decide what I want to make it in. I think it would look good in a dark bottle green colour, or perhaps plain black. But what kind of fabric? I want it to be an autumn/winter dress that I will want to wear every day, so nothing too fancy. The more I think about the bottle green the more I like it actually, I might have to see what fabrics I can find in that colour!



Second, a longline bra! I always thought lingerie was far too difficult for the home seamstress to make (especially pretty lingerie) but after looking through a sew-along of this pattern and seeing fellow blogger Ohhh Lulu's fabulous version I knew I had to give it a try.


Isn't it just gorgeous? I find it very encouraging to read that she's fairly well-endowed herself, I might not have dared take on this project otherwise! I'm considering a light aqua-coloured fabric for my first attempt. I spy lots of elastic sewing, like I did on my slip, and it's one of my favourite details in lingerie so I'm pretty much just drooling over this picture.

Last but not least, I've promised my mother a blouse. She's given me a blouse that she likes, except for a giant print on the front, and I've promised to make her one in plain white. I took some pictures of it to put on the blog but something is up with my camera and I can't seem to access the pictures. Hrm. Hopefully it's not a serious problem.

It's a fairly simple blouse, pretty much two gathered rectangles for the body and raglan sleeves that I think I understand how to make. I'm considering getting a bias tape maker, because the original is self-bound (is that even the term? It's a bit late and I had an exam today...). I've even found a nice crinkle cotton to make it up in!

1 comment:

  1. Vilket fantastiskt tips med korsstygn som mobilskal! Jag ser fram emot att se dina projekt, speciellt retro underkläderna. Synd att det inte finns ett bra svenskt ord för att översätta "lingere" Underkläder låter inte alls lika bra :S

    ReplyDelete